Pregnancy Abortion Tablets In Uae
What is pregnancy abortion tablet?
Pregnancy abortion tablets in UAE can be possible to find in an online search but then be warn of fake pills. The abortion pill is a safe & effective way to end an early pregnancy by the use of 2 pills; mifepristone and misoprostol some people will called it Cytotec pill.
Medicine to remove pregnancy or medical termination for pregnancy in early first trimester (≤ 63 days) using combination of mifepristone and misoprostol or misoprostol alone: a systematic review in UAE.
Early abortion pill (medical termination of pregnancy) in response to the current COVID 19 pandemic, the government has approved the use of pills by post for abortion treatment. This allows you to take both pills for a medical abortion up to 10 weeks in your own home, rather than attending a clinic. Click here for further information on “pills by post”.
What is the abortion pill?
The abortion pill or pregnancy abortion tablets in UAE is a safe way to end an early pregnancy. It is a combination of two medications mifepristone and misoprostol. You can have an early medical abortion (EMA) using an abortion pill up to 11 weeks of pregnancy, that is during the first trimester of your pregnancy.
Early Medical Abortion Pill Treatment
The first tablet is called Mifepristone and is taken orally (swallowed with water). Mifepristone works by blocking the action of progesterone, a hormone needed to maintain the pregnancy.
The second stage of treatment is 4-6 Misoprostol tablets depending the pregnancy. Four (4) of tablets of misoprostol should be either be inserted into the vagina or in the mouth against the gum (buccal). These contain a hormone called prostaglandin. Prostaglandins occur naturally in the body and help the uterus to contract. If there is no bleeding after four hours the 2 remaining tablets should be used. Contact your Doctor for advice…..
- Acting together the combination of Mifepristone and the Misoprostol will bring on an abortion, you will start bleeding, pains due to cramps. It will be the same when you buy abortion pills in Saudi Arabia.
Pregnancy abortion tablet in UAE has a very good safety record; however, every form of medical treatment carries some risks or side effects. With this treatment, the main risks could be:
- Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Incomplete abortion
- Allergic reactions
- You will be given a Mifepristone tablet to swallow with a glass of water.
- You will be given your next appointment time and a number to call if you are worried or have any questions.
After your first visit, you will be asked to return to the clinic between 24 and 48 hours later. You must keep this appointment. There is a waiting room for your supporter whilst you are having treatment.
- Any symptoms that you may have experienced since your first appointment will be discussed with you by a nurse. If all has been well, your early abortion-pill treatment will continue.
- You will be given pain relief to be administered rectally.
- A nurse will insert Misoprostol pills either vaginally or buccally or you can choose to put them in place yourself. The Misoprostol helps your body to expel the pregnancy so you will start to bleed and have period-like pains.
We also offer simultaneous administration of early medical abortion. This involves taking both parts of the early medical abortion medication at the same time, in one clinic visit.
- Your pregnancy should be dated at 9 + 0 weeks or under to have this type of abortion
- This involves an oral tablet (mifepristone) and four vaginal tablets (misoprostol)
- The vaginal tablets are preferably administered by a nurse to ensure correct insertion, however they can be self-administered if you feel confident to do so
All women react differently to this treatment. Some have heavy bleeding and quite a lot of pain while taken this tablets, others will have very little bleeding and mild pain. Most women are in between the two; however, it is important to remember that this is not a completely pain-free procedure.
You may experience :
You can leave the clinic after the treatment. You should take it easy for a couple of hours. After this time you may find that moving around will ease any discomfort.
The abortion usually takes place between 4 and 6 hours following the insertion of the tablets however in some cases the abortion can take place earlier or later (up to 7 days later).
You can take your normal painkillers (they must not contain aspirin) to relieve any discomfort. Do not take more than two in 4 hours.
Your first period may occur 4-6 weeks later and it may be heavier than normal. We also advise that you avoid any heavy lifting or exercise for 2-3 weeks.
It is advisable to carry out a pregnancy test 4 weeks later to confirm your treatment was successful. It the pregnancy test is positive, please contact the clinic for further advice.
NB: Before 4 weeks of abortion only ultrasound can give the real result, after 4 weeks of using the pregnancy abortion tablet, both MTP kit and ultrasound is possible to test.
It is advisable to carry out a pregnancy test 4 weeks later to confirm your treatment was successful. If the pregnancy test is positive, please contact the clinic for further advice.
This kind of medical abortion may not be suitable for you if any of the following apply:
- You have been on long term corticosteroid treatment
- You are on any anticoagulant (blood clotting) treatment
- You have had a bad reaction or are allergic to Mifepristone
- You have liver or kidney disease
- You have risk factors for heart disease (such as high blood pressure or high blood cholesterol levels
- You suffer from any other disease or illness and are taking other medication
- You have an IUD in place which may need to be removed prior to the beginning of treatment
- You are breast-feeding (we do not recommend use of Mifepristone in women who wish to continue breast-feeding because the drug will pass into breast milk- it takes around 26 days for the drug to clear the body)
If any of these conditions apply, please inform the doctor/nurse who will discuss them further